Orange Week // Boundaries

Learning to set boundaries in my own life has always been a tough thing. Something that I constantly have to be overly aware of! It is j...


Learning to set boundaries in my own life has always been a tough thing. Something that I constantly have to be overly aware of! It is just one of those tension points that I have to stay on point with. Last year at Orange (which you can register for this week) I had the chance to sit in a pre-conference session with Coach Chef on doing just that. This was definitely my favorite pre-conference session to be a part of!! I love Coach Shef and the way he communicates. One of the greatest things about Orange is the people they go out and get to communicate to you while you are there! It makes it well worth the investment!
Here are my thoughts from that from Session!

Our tension in ministry: There are more high priority items then there is time to do them

Boundaries help us know who we are so we know when you are being who you aren't
  • Boundaries give us clarity
  • Boundaries help us say yes and say no
  • Boundaries help us identify when to confront and when to let it go!!
Boundaries are frightening to us
  • Fear of a loss of love
  • Fear of wrath
  • Fear of hurting someone.
Boundaries really are a stewardship issue
  • Understanding that it is not your ministry but that you have been given the responsibility of leading for a time.
Learn to work out your no muscle.
  • Boundaries demand that you say no to GOOD things
  • Boundaries help you develop healthy expectations for those around you.
  • Boundaries will ultimately keep you healthy.



You Might Also Like

0 comments