Learning to Communicate Effectively is Worth it

The past few months i have been learning a lot on how i communicate with the people around me and especially my team that works side by...



The past few months i have been learning a lot on how i communicate with the people around me and especially my team that works side by side with me every week. A lot of times when we communicate with people we communicate the way we like to be communicated with. Unfortunately, that is not usually the way the need to be communicated with. People need to be communicated with how they best receive communication. The way they are going to easiest understand what they are being told.

It will be the best for everyone if you take the time and invest the energy to communicate with your team according to their personality. The best example I have of this is a conversation I had with one of my team members several years ago. We had really been struggling to understand where each other were coming from. Trying to get perspective was becoming very difficult for me. We finally set down to just have a honest and real conversation about what had been going on. I learned something very important that day. I have to be intentional and strategic about how and what I communicate to the people that serve with me.

If you want to lead people in a certain direction then you have to communicate that with them in a way that is going to grip them and get their buy in so they will follow you. If the people around you are completely aware of where you are going and what you need from them to get there everything in your organization or you area of the organization is going to be very effective and efficient. Which will always help with the morale and attitude of you and your team members.

Believing in people enough to have the buy into their lives to figure out what they need to be successful is huge. If you have good leaders around you they will try to achieve success. What that success looks like will depend how well they understand what you need from them to be successful. Take the time to invest in the people around you and set them up to be successful. Learn about them so you can point them in the direction of their Strengths and help them avoid their weaknesses.

For some ideas on how to discover ways to do this with your team check out some of these resources.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Comment Here