Why Teens ARE Worth It

This past week Relevant Students had its first combined event.. Both locations came together. St. B and Exit One all packed in to o...






This past week Relevant Students had its first combined event.. Both locations came together. St. B and Exit One all packed in to one Venue. We had close to 175 students attend our Merge Weekend. Our students stayed in Host Homes with their small groups where they could connect with one another and their Group Leader. It really provides an opportunity for our Groups to break down walls and just get to know one another. I know for my group it was crucial.. We just starting meeting in the fall. This was just what our groups needed to take them to that next level.

It was an amazing weekend, but it was so tiring. I know that this week has at times seemed like a blur just from trying to recover. We had to set up and tear down 3 separate venues.. If I had to move one more speaker or Projector screen they were going to have to put me in a happy room. The amount of hours poured in from all sides was insane. Physical hours that week was simply inhuman. Even with all of that it was overall an amazing experience and an absolute pleasure to work with the people that I got to work with. I loved every Minute of it. Watching these students engage in worship and allow God to do something in their hearts was incredible.

I had several people ask me when it was all said and done if it was worth it. Without question it was worth it. We are not creating a culture of doing events for the sake of doing events or babysitting for a weekend. What we are trying to do is help guide the next generation of Christ Followers and Christian Leaders on their path. What could be more worth it. Our Students had a great time, but more that that they came ready to learn and go after God. No matter how long I do this that still stops me cold. Students have the chance to change their World. One day they will and if we are intentional in what we teach and how we teach we can set them up for tremendous success.

I was blessed this weekend to work with some amazing leaders. Michael Bayne and all of his Leaders. My group leaders and volunteers were beyond words amazing. I love working with people who are as bought in to seeing God use do something big in the lives as students as I am. Great Weekend, I am already looking forward to the next one.









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Comment Here