Outside Perspective

Do you have someone in your life that you can talk through tough things with? Someone outside the organization that can give ...


Do you have someone in your life that you can talk through tough things with? Someone outside the organization that can give you a clear perspective on the way you operate as a whole or that can help talk you through something you are struggling with?
I would suggest that everyone find someone in your community or even outside your community that you can trust that will walk with you through rough patches and tough decisions. Someone who can offer that kind of valuable insight is amazing to have around you. Someone that cares enough about you to give you the hard truth and help you see it from an angle that you had not yet seen it.
In Clarksville I have a guy.. Michael Bayne. (to see some of his thoughts click here) He does the same job I do at another church in town. We are both family pastors and we engage in a lot of the same strategies. Michael takes time out of his schedule about every couple of weeks to have lunch with me and encourage me. More than that if I am in a place where I just need advice or I need to vent about life, he is there and gives me fresh insight as someone outside of the day to day grind.
A lot of times we get way too close to it and we cannot see the whole picture clearly because we are too emotionally involved. Having someone who will take the time to give you his or her view from thirty thousand feet has been more help that I can really articulate. Someone detached from the situation with nothing to gain or lose. Shoot straight with you and give you practical wisdom.
You should always have someone like that around you or be that to someone else. It takes time, but all of us have been in a place where we needed it. Imagine if you had someone willing to walk through it with you.
Who can you seek our to mentor you and give you fresh perspective?
Who can you mentor and give fresh perspective?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. hey man, I so value your insight also...so value our friendship and that we get to do ministry here in this city!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here