Feeling Proud for your people.

For those of you that have kids you know what an awesome feeling it is to see them accomplish something. As a father I am amazed at how hap...


For those of you that have kids you know what an awesome feeling it is to see them accomplish something. As a father I am amazed at how happy it makes me to see one my children do well at things and accomplish something they have been working hard at.

I notice that there is a similar feeling of pride in joy when one of our volunteers accomplishes something they have been working hard at. Early in my leadership I would not have let go of something long enough for someone to take and run with it. I found all my self worth in accomplishing things myself and being as productive as I could be rather then replacing myself and allowing the people around me to succeed and flourish. The more I step back and allow the people around me to be in the spotlight the more I feel that same sense of pride as I do when my Children Succeed.

I had a moment like that this weekend with our OneWay Street Director. She planned out a little bigger large group time than we usually do this week. It was a huge success for our volunteers and for our children. I questioned some of the decisions that being made but I wanted to give her an opportunity to succeed. And she did without question. It was the best large group we have had all year in OneWay Street. Shanon did an absolutely fantastic job. Yesterday and today as I have heard so many compliments on Sunday and the job she did I just welled up with pride and joy to see something she worked so hard on succeed and do great.

Are you willing to step out of the way and let the people in your area of the organization get the glory when they hit a home run?

Do you feel proud of them when the hit a home run.

In my experience leaders that are set up for success and can succeed usually do just that. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Comment Here